Clean & Protect
Combining two of The Clinic's favourite treatments HydraFacial and Ultraformer, Clean & Protect is a powerhouse for creating a radiant complexion whilst maintaining healthy collagen. To complement the treatment from home, we're including two essential Summer products complimentary: your choice of Cleanser and the Aspect On The Go SPF 50 Sunscreen.
Clean & Protect Summer Special $800
To book, call us on 02 9386 1533 or request an appointment in the form below.
Things to Note
- The Clean & Protect Treatment is suitable for all skin types and most beneficial from the late twenties onward.
- We cannot perform the treatment if you have shellfish allergies or are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please ask our nursing staff for alternate recommendations.
- Clean & Protect takes 50 minutes. New clients will be required to have a skin consultation with our registered nurses prior (additional 20 minutes).
- There is no downtime to the treatment. You may notice slight redness due to the stimulation of the skin, however this can easily covered with mineral makeup and subsides within 24 hours. You can return to work immediately after.
How to care for Skin during Summer?
1. Keep skin CLEAN, free from impurities and congestion
Skin that is properly clean looks more radiant and healthy. Our HydraFacial Treatment is know as a 'medi-cleanse'. Utilising a unique suction headpiece, HydraFacial draws out impurities, exfoliates the skin and simultaneously infuses nourishing antioxidants for smooth and supple skin that is soft to the touch. HydraFacial is fantastic at removing comodones (blackheads) and debris that builds up when we spend more time outdoors.
Further, using the right Cleanser is most important in any home care routine. As the first step, cleansing lifts away impurities and prepares the skin for what's to come, ensuring the products we use are better absorbed.
We recommend double cleansing during Summer. The first cleanse removes products and impurities from the day (i.e. makeup, sunscreen, urban pollution), the second step can then cleanse the skin itself. Learn more about how and why to double cleanse in this blog post.
2. PROTECT against sun damage and maintain healthy collagen
As we age, the amount of collagen and elastin we produce reduces, resulting in looser, sagging skin. Our Ultraformer Treatment helps reverse these signs of ageing, with instant results and no downtime! Ultraformer targets and thickens pre-existing collagen as well as stimulating new collagen growth to build a stronger skin matrix.
To further protect against the signs of ageing, using an SPF 50 daily is most important, not just coming into Summer, but all year round. Anything over a UV rating of 3 warrants sun protection and the only month Sydney dips below a UV 3 is June! The new Aspect Sun Range is Australian made and owned, specially formulated with antioxidants to withstand our harsh climate.
3. Be mindful with your ingredients
- Retinol has the potential to make you sun sensitive. Therefore we recommend swapping out more intensive peels or products containing Retinol during Summer.
- Those who are actively in the sun or have Melasma should incorporate a high-powered Pigment Inhibitor, which blocks the production of melanin. We love the Aspect Dr Complete Pigment Plus Serum ($159.50).
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and environmental protector. Vitamin C neutralises and fights free radicals, protecting the skin from photo damage and premature ageing. Our most advanced Vitamin C formula is Societe Triple C Vitamin Therapy Serum ($189.00) or for a more versatile option, we love Cosmedix Pure C Mixing Crystals ($80).
- Lactic Acid in low percentages is ideal to enzymatically exfoliate, while keeping the skin soft and supple. We love the Cosmedix Pure Enzymes Cranberry Mask ($84).