SECTION 1 – What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
SECTION 2 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
SECTION 3 – What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name, date of birth, mailing or street address, email address, personal and work telephone number, and other contact details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- your financial information and payment details;
- any information that you provide to us when making an enquiry through our website;
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products or services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly telephone or via our website; and/or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
SECTION 4 – How do we collect your personal information
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you when you:
- use our website;
- make a purchase a product or service from our store;
- register an account through out website;
- communicate with us in person, by telephone, by correspondence (e.g. letters, email, facsimile), via social media networking sites (e.g. Facebook), chats, email, online chat bots, our website, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; and/or
- interact with our sites, services, content, advertising, and marketing campaigns.
SECTION 5 – Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you;
- to provide appropriate information and opinions about our services to you;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services and user-experience – such as to perform research and analytics;
- for advertising and marketing purposes;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages, and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to provide information credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities if you fail to pay for the services and supports we have provided;
- to provide information to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to resolve any disputes with or in relation to you; and/or
- to enforce our agreements with third parties.
SECTION 6 – Direct marketing
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about us and our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and information from us by contacting us using the contact information provided below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
SECTION 7 – Disclosure and transfer of personal information outside australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our third-party service providers (for example Shopify Inc.). Such third-party service providers may store or process your data overseas. These countries may not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of Australia.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure and/or transfer of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act. We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients deal with your personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act (including the Australian Privacy Principles). Third parties located overseas are not permitted to access or use your personal information except for these limited purposes and we only choose reputable service providers.
SECTION 8 - Shopify
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 9 - Third-party services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
SECTION 10 – Links
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy policies.
SECTION 11 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 12 – Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
You can choose which cookies you’d like us (through our website) to store by updating your browser settings on your device. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways.
To find out more about cookies such as managing the cookies or how to see what cookies have been set on any of the browser types listed below, visit http://aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- Session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc;
- Shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits;
- Shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer;
- Cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart;
- Secure_session_id, unique token, sessional storefront digest, unique token, indefinite. If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access; and
- PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
We may also use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at. Information about privacy issues relating to Google Analytics can be found here.
SECTION 13 – Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 15 – Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at The Clinic SCOTT + SULLIVAN, Suite 2203, Westfield Tower 1, 520 Oxford St, Bondi Junction, NSW, 2022 or by mail email@example.com.